By SueAnna Harrison
This was inspired by my favorite Caesar salad at Panini Bakery in Nye Beach that uses whole romaine leaves as the “bowl”.
- 1 can Oregon’s Choice Gourmet Albacore tuna 7.5 oz (lightly salted or no salt added)
- Carrot-ginger-miso dressing (from Trader Joe’s)
- Thai Chili Lime Almonds (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 whole romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cracked black pepper
Open 1 can of Oregon’s Choice Gourmet Albacore tuna (don’t drain the fish oil!) and flake with a fork into a bowl. Add the carrot-ginger-miso dressing, mix well and set aside.
On a plate place 2 whole romaine lettuce leaves. Add the tuna to the inside of the leaves and shred a carrot over the top. Garnish with the nuts, cherry tomatoes and basil. Grind fresh cracked black pepper over the top and enjoy!