Gluten-Free Smoked Tuna Cakes with Chipotle Aioli
- 2 cans Oregon’s Choice Alderwood Smoked Albacore, drained
- ⅔ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 3 eggs
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Arugula – optional to serve
- Oil – for baking
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the chipotle aioli and set aside.
- Pour the tuna into a medium-size mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up the tuna.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the arugula and oil and mix until combined. Place into the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of the tuna mixture and form into a patty and set on a lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tuna mixture.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10-15 min. Remove from the oven and lightly brush with oil, then place into the oven on broil for 2-5 minutes until crisp.
- Serve the tuna cakes with the aioli on a bed of arugula if desired.