Shrimp Cacio E Pepe Tortellini
*4 Servings. Perfect for a side dish or double for main course.
- 1 Package BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini (20 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Jar Cacio E Pepe Sauce or Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4th Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cans Oregon’s Choice Shrimp
- Basil (To Taste.)
- Black Pepper (To Taste.)
- Optional: Shredded Parmesan
- Note: If using alfredo sauce, follow directions for sauce, adding 1/4th cup shredded parmesan and 1 Tbsp black pepper.
- Bring 5 quarts of water and 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a boil.
- Add 1 package of three cheese tortellini. Reduce heat and boil gently for 7 minutes.
- Drain water and add sauce.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook 2 minced garlic cloves and ¼ diced onion until onions are translucent. Approximately five minutes without burning garlic.
- Add one jar of cacio e Pepe pasta sauce.
- Add two cans of Oregon’s Choice shrimp until warmed.
- Garnish with a handful of fresh basil and cracked pepper to taste.