Citrus Fennel and Chinook Salmon Salad Recipe
(The recipe makes two large salads or four side salads.)
1 Can Oregon’s Choice Gourmet Chinook Salmon
1 Fennel Bulb (Roasted.)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
4 Cups Arugula
1 Orange (Can be subbed for favorite citrus such as grapefruit.)
2 Tbsp Green Onion
2 Tbsp Almond Pieces
Optional: 1 Tsp Za’atar seasoning
4 Tbsp. Orange Juice
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Open and drain liquid from a can of Oregon’s Choice Gourmet Chinook Salmon. Mix with Za’atar seasoning if using and set aside.
- Shave fennel into rounds and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until you begin to see golden brown edges.
- Meanwhile, place orange juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, and white wine vinegar into a blender or bowl to combine.
- Prepare the salad toppings by peeling the orange and separating them into slices.
- Slice shallots finely.
- Cut green onions and avocados into desired pieces.
- Arrange arugula on a plate, and top with roasted fennel, orange slices, shallots, green onion, avocado, almonds, and Oregon’s Choice Chinook Salmon. Drizzle dressing over the salad and enjoy!