Zesty Salmon Chipotle Bowl
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Cans Oregon’s Choice Chinook Salmon
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Can Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce (7.oz)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Mango
- 1 Cup Peach
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno
- ¼ Cup Onion
- ¼ Cup Thai Basil
- ¼ Cup Cilantro –Chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Onion
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- Sesame Seeds
- Pickled Ginger
- Optional: Cucumbers and edamame.
- To make the marinade combine 6 tbsp olive oil, 1 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (7.oz), 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Combine 2 cans of Oregon’s Choice Chinook Salmon with half of the marinade. Reserve the other half for mixing with the cooked rice.
- Combine 1 cup of rice and two cups of water in a medium pot with lid, over high heat until water boils. Once boiling immediately turn heat to low, remaining covered, for 10 minutes. Once cooked add remaining marinade to rice and mix.
- For the salsa cube 1 cup mango and 1 cup peach. Combine with 2 tbsp diced jalapeno, ¼ cup onion, minced ¼ cup Thai basil and ¼ cup cilantro.
- Arrange rice splitting between two large bowls or four small bowls. Evenly distribute the Oregon’s Choice Chinook Salmon between bowls. Top with salsa, green onion, avocado, sesame seeds, and pickled ginger. Garnish with lime wedges and siracha to serve.
- Optional toppings to consider: cucumber and edamame.