Avocado Tuna Chickpea Salad
- 1, 7.5 oz can Oregon’s Choice Albacore Tuna with Sea Salt
- 1, 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium ripe avocados, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp dijon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Add the shallot to a small bowl and toss with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 10 minutes to macerate the onion.
- Add the olive oil, parsley, lemon, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine, then pour over the tuna mixture in the large bowl. Toss to coat the salad ingredients with the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tuna and break up with a fork. Add the chickpeas, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Pour the shallot mixture over the top of the salad and toss until combined.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and more parsley if desired.