Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Aioli
Ingredients- makes 4 burgers
- 4 Brioche Buns
- Pickled Cucumber – optional but recommended (recipe below)
- Avocado oil, for frying
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cucumbers, very thinly sliced
Lemon Dill Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ – 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped dill
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans Oregon’s Choice Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup fine diced shallot
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large airtight container, mix together the hot water, vinegars, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sliced cucumbers. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving or storing in the refrigerator. Store for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Make the lemon dill aioli by whisking together all of the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make the salmon burgers, combine all of the patty ingredients into a large bowl. Use a fork or your hands to mix until well combined. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp avocado oil. Add the patties and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- To serve, place a generous amount of the lemon dill aioli onto each half of the burger buns. Layer with a large handful of fresh arugula, the salmon patty, pickled cucumbers, and the top bun. Enjoy immediately!