Feta & Spinach Tuna Meatballs
- 2 cans Oregon’s Choice Gourmet Albacore Tuna
- 2 eggs
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp za’atar
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Avocado oil, to fry
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and lemon juice. Add the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, za’atar, and salt and pepper and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add the tuna, spinach, and feta cheese and mix with a fork until well combined. Form the mixture into golf ball sized balls.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. When the oil is hot, carefully place a few tuna balls in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and let cool slightly before serving with tzatziki or otherwise as desired.